Everyone is talking about search engine optimization, but what the heck is SEO and why do you need it? To clear the fog, we are offering this short and jargon-free explanation.
Basically, SEO is a customized plan to increase visits to your website by people who don’t know you. It’s like a magnet, attracting prospects to your business. The ultimate goals are to ensure that your website is ranked high on a list of browser results, to improve the ranking of targeted keywords in search engines and create high quality content that targets those searched-for terms, driving more traffic to your website.
We have a basketful of techniques to achieve that, which include:
- Conducting a full code audit to ensure that Google Analytics is gathering the data you need on all your pages.
- Cleaning up codes on your site that need maintenance in order to improve the web crawler, a program that visits Web sites, reads its pages and creates search engine entries. The more Google likes your site, the easier it will be for people to find it.
- Conducting research to determine which queries cause your site to pop up during a search, which queries result in more traffic than others and which sites are linking to your website
- Identifying and updating keywords in your web content which make it highly likely that people can find your site
- Recommending ways to optimize existing content on all your pages, making your site as search engine friendly as possible
- Writing fascinating, useable content to increase your presence on search engines, and developing an editorial calendar to ensure a consistent flow of fresh content and social media presence